Tuesday, September 07, 2010
2. The radius of Earth is 6378 KM.
3. Charge on one electron is 1.6 * 10 (pow -19) coulomb
4. Minimum 3 identical RC high-pass sections connected in cascade are required in a phase-shift oscillator.
5. In a microwave circuit with waveguides, a waveguide twist is used for rotating plane of polarization.
6. Microstrip line has the combined characteristics of dielectric, ohmic and radiation losses.
7. A duplexer uses same antenna for reception or transmission without interference.
8. X-band frequencies are in the range of 8.0 to 12.0 GHz.
9. The advantages of cycle stealing in DMA are:
a. It increases the maximum I/O transfer rate.
b. It reduces the interference by the DMA controllers in CPU's memory access.
c. It is beneficially employed for I/O devices with shorter bursts of data transfer.
10. An FM radio station performs better than an AM station radiating the same total power as FM is immune to noise.