Devaki Pandit is a playback singer from Maharashtra,India. She is also a trained classical singer.Besides Marathi, she has also sung songs in Hindi.She received her initial music training from her mother Usha Pandit.In 1986, she recorded her first playback song for the film Ardhangi which went on to win her the Maharashtra State Award for "Best Female Playback Singer".She has not only given performances in India, but has undertaken concert tours all over the world at the invitation of prestigious institutions. She has also sung for various films, with renowned music directors, but her attention remains focussed on Hindustani Classical music. Devaki has developed her own style of singing and has won many hearts through her performances.
Here are some of the compositions of Devaki Pandit:
1) "Daayi Aankh Bole" from the film "Daayra"
2) "Phir bhor bhayee jaaga madhuban" from the film "Saaz"
3) "Raag Baageshri" from her classical album named "Inner Soul"
4) Bhajan "Sai Se Lagan Kathin Hai.." from "Inner Soul"
5) The ghazal "Aankhonse Baatein..." with Hariharan in the album "Halka Nasha"
6) "Krishna Jal Mein.." & "Shyam Ki Ratt Ab Lagi..." from her album Vrindavan, music composed by Shrinivas Khale
7)"Sanwaren Rang raanchi.." & "Bhayee Hun Baawaree.." from her album "Mohane man Harayu".
Apart from this, she has also sung bhajans by Ramdas Swamiji in the album "Shyam Rang"; shlokas in "Upanishad Amrut";along with Shankar Mahadevan (music by Pt Shiv Kumar Sharma). Her other films include "Kabhi Haan, Kabhi Naa" with Jatin-Lalit, "Betaabi" with Vishal Bharadwaj, "Guddu" with Naushadji. She has recently released an Album called "Aradhana Mahakali", the music of which is composed by herself.
She has also sung for "Pt. Hari Prasad Chaurasia in his album named "Krishna Utsav".. Devaki's talent is also honoured by the prestigious awards bestowed upon her. She is the only recipient of the prestigious Kesarbhai Kerkar Scholarship for two consecutive years.