1. Norman G. Pritchard, an Anglo -Indian athlete from Calcutta, was the first Indian to take part in Olympic Games.
2. India made its official debut in the Antwerp Olympics in Belgium in 1920.
3. PT Usha became first Indian lady to enter the finals of any olympic event.
4. Leander Paes was the first Indian to win Junior US Open Title.
5. Leander Paes won a bronze medal for India at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics.
6. Parimarjan Negi is the youngest Grandmaster in India.
7. Parimarjan Negi also holds the record for being the world's youngest International Master.
8. Vishwanath Anand is India's first Grandmaster.
9. First Olympic Gold Medal won by India was in 1928 Olympics in hockey.
10. P.T. Usha was nicknamed as Payyoli Express.
11. Ramanathan Krishnan, is the first Indian to win Wimbledon Junior Singles title.
12. Prakash Padukone is the first Indian to win All England Badminton Championship.
13. Anju Bobby George entered the finals of Women Long Jump at 2004 Athens Olympics.
14. Anju Bobby George is the first Indian athlete to win a medal in World Athletics Championship.
15. Milkha Singh was the first Indian athlete to reach Olympic finals.