Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The "CAN" Driver





















I had recently gone to Finnland to attend some training session.

It was more of a fast forward transfer, running@ 1GBPS... or even faster, as unlike Indian employees, they dont prefer to stay after 5 :-)) and i was atrociously overburdened to cover as much as possible!!

I had done some homework before, so had a basic idea of what all will be dumped to my flash memory inside my brain..assuming that i have some say 256 x bytes of memory...where x varies for ( !0 to !infinity) ...hehehehehehehe...

I scratched their brains so much...some things were tough..some things were quite easy...and those trainers had been working on it for the last 2-3 years...so they were really confused as to why i was not able to grasp things with ease...Surprisingly they were also not from Finnland, but parts of Europe, Asia..))

They were good hosts as well!!
Took me along for Lunch...helped me get back to my Hotel Raddison..
One fine day, the server was down, and it was really tough to get a taxi...
Even the taxi drivers are not just drivers...they are quite polished people driving nothing less than Mercedes, Audi, BMW...
They also agreed that our system is heavily dependant on computer servers....

I scratched so much of their head...that it looked that they were really troubled with my questions..
But surprisingly, when i came back from Finnland, my supervisors told me that they have given a good feedback of mine..
Oh thats really cool!!!
lets hope things keep on working fine°°

Oh, coming to the title....every corner of my brain was flooded with all the embedded devices fundaas...most of them were new to me...Thanks to my 4 years in college...never tried to learn any... :-D

so, when i came back..i was able to derive many weird ideas from all those stuffed items in my brain..
One of them is related to the CAN driver..
This driver is mainly responsible for reading from/wriitng messages to the power module and the unit it delivers power to.
To give a rough idea, i have downloaded some random pictures from the net..Though they are not at all related to my work!!

I just caught hold of the name of this driver..which is so apt in real life as well°°

There is a "CAN" driver hidden or may be not so hidden for many, in each human being....

When we strive hard to achieve something meaningful...we just keep on using this CAN driver more and more..until we arrive at some desired position.......

As some of the big shots in my college days used to say......

"Rome was not built in a Day!
But we can build Rome in a day""---

Abhishek, Anoop this is for you...are you listening..... do you remember you had passed such a statement while we were enjoying sugarcane juice near PEC market, while working on that light automation project..initiated by some civil company..LG i guess.

If i am not wrong, Abhishek is in Manchester Business school, though he already had one MBA stamping from Nitie..

And Anoop, dont remember exactly, is working in Netherlands and was few days back looking for some university there for higher studies!!

well this is quite apt...isn't it...all these IITs'.. IIMs'.. top foreign/Indian universities passouts...aren't they a wonder in themselves...

their processing speed is much much faster.....
They surely rule the world....

Hope India keeps on producing more and more such prodigies..
and hope they start sharing their success mantras to general public as well!!

Here i go back to my work..
had taken a short break in office..when i was suddenly told that some meeting has been postponed..

Good day!
Hope we all keep on programming our CAN drivers for delivering some wonderful results!!
JAI HIND...

and yah Taj Mahal is now in the the new 7 wonders list!!
hurrah...
my 2 USD dint go waste!!
ChuzZZ ( 'Bye' in German)

3 comments:

Soulmate said...

As far as I know, in German Bye is called Auf Wiedersehen... :-)

Nadir said...

So u see using a little bit of CAN driver u cud move the TAJ :)

Srinivasu said...

nice one..
ChuZZ :)