Monday, September 24, 2007

Interrupts...


The title suggests as if i want to explore somthing dealing with a terrific terminology in electronic engg "Interrupts" or smthing with its Big B "Semaphores"..

Well...i have really bugged myself with it in college days..so no more of it..
Rather more interested in its analogies in the real world, for almost every quarter of the day we find ourselves struggling on smthing not really planned for the day..

Like...

When you're running fast to catch ur train..
Your eyes blink seeing the open shoe lace!

When you switch on the vacuum cleaner to clean the dirty floor..
You suddenly realise that the air bag needs to be changed..

When you want to cook food for your hungry stomach...
You realise that the common salt is no longer visible in ur kitchen..

When you are in the middle of some imp work in office..
And all of a sudden you see cursing urself for forgetting ur friend's bday last weekend..

When you are preparing hard for your entrance test tomorrow..
And suddenly the electricity goes away for the complete night..

And the list is probably endless..

One of my frds read an interesting point somehwere.
He said we shd divide all the possible tasks in 4 quadrants..
This way the probability of forgetting tasks is highly reduced..

1 Important and Urgent
2. Urgent but not important
3. Important but not urgent
4. Not important and not urgent

Sounds good!
But i guess, sonner or later the interrupts get so pleasing to the soul..that you wld just luv their recurrence..

Like when you bend down to tie the lace,
You really want to thank God for all his grace...

With lace i remember my frd had sent a link to register in ..the VODAFONE DELHI HALF MARATHON 2007.........
I am gonna miss this, being out of my homeland :-((
http://vdhm.indiatimes.com/default1.cms

Life keeps on moving here and there, like the steering of the wheel..

I was reading the "chicken soup for the soul" and it left some indelible fingerprints on my mind:

Do i live a life that reflects my love for the things i like??

Do i understand the difference between being intelligent and being wise ??

Is the curiosity and quest inside me sufficient enough for me to rise ??

Do i really understand the value of the compliment given to my parents,
for being able to nurture thier children so bright??

....
Probably..i dont know what to say...
But surely these thoughts catch my mind!!

Ending this post with Neil Diamond's song..

Girl, You'll be a Woman soon!
A lovely one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57q3kq4FP2o

They never get tired of putting me down
And I'll never know when I come around
What I'm gonna find
Don't let them make up your mind.
Don't you know...

Girl, you'll be a woman soon,
Please, come take my hand
Girl, you'll be a woman soon,
Soon, you'll need a man

I've been misunderstood for all of my life
But what they're saying girl it cuts like a knife
"The boy's no good"
Well I've finally found what I'm a looking for
But if they get their chance they'll end it for sure
Surely would
Baby I've done all I could
Now it's up to you...

Girl, you'll be a woman soon,
Please, come take my hand
Girl, you'll be a woman soon,
Soon, you'll need a man...

1 comment:

Amita Gajewar said...

ahhhh... Pooja, this is for sure one the best posts :))
I like it so much :)) the analogies, the rhyme, the song, the thoughts beind this all and most imp even if this all is so diverse yet it appears so much in harmoany... amazing!!! keep writing my swt frnd :))